Pilarcitos #4 - Golden Gate park OR I suck ass!

Pilarcitos #4
Golden Gate Park
19 November 2006
Elite Men
9 laps
winning time 56:25
my time 56:39 - i.e. I got lapped with 1 to go ;-(
Place 36\45
Results
Ok, so maybe dancing and "partying like it's your birthday" the nite(S) before a race is not the best way to tune-up your legs for a race. Meredith always tells me, "if you want to do well in your race you have to stay off your feet." Well I guess that includes dancing, huh? But come on, how can you not dance when you hear the music? I'm not good at by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still fun.

It's plain and simple, I had no power and every pedal stroke induced a grimace. I thought it would go away as my legs warmed up, but it never happened. Yuk, I hate days like that.

After I realized I was sucking ass I decided to have some fun near the beer-cash n'grab section. I rolled up the little hill into the gauntlet of people cheering and bottles and cans stuffed with cash. I stooped down and grabbed for some cash. As I pulled the money up the can came up with it. So to further entertain the crowd I pulled the money and took a bite out of the side of the can....and the crowd went wild. I never thought I'd bust out that little high school trick again....but hey, anything for the diehard 'cross fans!



Thanks for reading!


HR comparision between Pilarcitos 3&4.

HR profile for Race.

Comments

Hans said…
That was you that chewed the can?!?! Ha! I've already heard two people telling about the guy that bit off a chunk of the can.

Now I know who the crazy fool is :')
nicknameless said…
we all missed you and Mo today...too much b-day madness??
MoJito said…
no, too much mother madness!

cutie... you always hear the music. in your head, that is. ;-) you just keep right on dancing. we love you anyways.

Popular Posts