'cross hottie in da 'hood

OK, so just because there was no pain and suffering (i.e. 'cross racing) this weekend, doesn't mean I don't have a story loosely related to 'cross ;-)

Sooooo about 2 weeks ago, I roll out of my pad and throw my singlespeed up on my car rack. I walk back in the house to grab the rest of my cycling stuff and as I'm walking back out I see a girl approaching car. She's like hey another cyclist in the neighborhood, that's good to know. She says was that a 'cross bike I saw on your car the other day. I'm like hell yea. She asks me if I race 'cross and I'm like yup as I begin to explain that we've got a great 'cross racing scene and that we have 3 main series in the area: Pilarcitos, CCCX and Surf City series and what a great local scene we have and on and on. Blah, blah, blah!

Next she tells me that she has a 'cross bike that she carries around in her truck just in case she gets a chance to ride after class. She asks me where I ride in the area. I mention of few of the typically roads I ride on and then I also mention, in a whisper, some of the place that I ride at nite. And she's like oh yea, there's a bunch of places like that near Berkeley.

So I'm totally stoked to have a fellow cyclist in the 'hood. As I go to leave I say it was nice meeting you, your name was Lisa right? She says no it's Gina. I'm like oh yea that's right. And I say I know how I can keep from forgetting your name, I'll just think of Gina Hall. The she says, um, I am Gina Hall. Hah!! I turned red and explained to her that I knew of her, but never actual met her or even seen her up close for that matter ;-) We both laughed and parted ways.

Pretty funny and pretty cool. I'm always willing to make a fool out of myself for a pretty girl that cycles ;-) It's also cool to meet people that are total bad asses on the bike, but totally down to earth off the bike. Rock on Gina, rock on Girl!

Next time I see her I'll ask to get a picture so ya'll don't yhink I'm fib'n.

Comments

linebrake said…
does this mean she's coming out of retirement again too?
velopicante said…
not sure. school seems to be her priority. however, i'm hoping to get her to join us on some nite rides.
Unknown said…
just read this, nice isaias, nice.
Unknown said…
oh and word verify sucks!
velopicante said…
hah! yes, but word verify keeps me from having to approve comments and it keeps the weirdo spammers out;-)

Popular Posts