Pilarcitos#1 - The legs may have it!

Pilarctios #1
10/08/06
Hellyer Park, San Jose
Elite Men
Place 26/36

Up until this race I was busy thrashing my body as much as possible...hitt'n all the local cx races, started riding my singlespeed again and doing some high intensity training during the week. Boy did I feel the cummulative effects of all that racing in my legs. That is until this sunday.


I kinda suprised myself. I was finally able to put out some pretty hard efforts. This was reflected by the change in my Ave\Max HR from this race to last week's race. Since the Polar plot is a bit hazy, here's the numbers: 174/183 -CCCX#2 VS 181/192 -Pilarcitos #1.


Everytime I hit the velodrome I sprinted as hard as I could. I'd hit the right hand turn off the velodrome and immediatly floor it again until I got to the first set of barriers. Then I'd pretty much spend the rest of the lap recovering so that I could repeat the velodrome sprint the next lap.

In the last few races I've usually been battling it out with Brian from Sycip and Jay from 3rd Rail Racing. Jay's consistently beating me, but Brian and I have gone back and forth. Well today Jay was way up there with Aaron Bonar (Sycip) and left Brian and I to duel alone. So maybe another testament that my fitness is beginning to come around is that I finished ahead of Brian this race. The real proof will be the next time we race. Either I had a decent day and am getting more fit or I'm just lying to myself and Brian had a off day ;-) I guess well just have to see!


Follow this link for the Offiicial Results

Here's some more pics from the ever popular flickr site.

Comments

Popular Posts