Traaaaaaaaaaaaackkkkk Fights!!!!!!

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Sexual Camel team for pulling together and pulling off a great event in such a short period of time.

KF(Kirt Fitzpatrick- the brains behind this operation- broken frick'n neck and all)


Ok, so what the heck are Track Fights(TF) anyway? When Kirt, the brains behind TF, explained it to me, I had to keep stopping him and asking him to repeat the idea. Being that I have dirt roots and some roadie experience I kept trying to relate it to my race experience.


The trackies totally get it...it's basically a points race on a criterium course instead of a track and on a road bike instead of a fixed gear bike. Clear as mud right? OK, so imagine a crit course, where every three laps you are sprinting for a winning finish! So in the B's race they did 24 laps, which means sprinting for a win (i.e. points) every 3 laps for a total of 8 all out sprints. The A group did 36 laps or 12 sprints. To add a bit more excitement primes are also thrown in!

Any how, here's how my race went....
I understood what needed to happen to get points...win the sprint. Ok, easier said than done. Since I'm not a sprinter, actually to be perfectly frank my sprint sucks donkey balls. So I started off by trying to break away or lead out my teammates. Then I realized, man I'm getting a good workout, but zero points and I'm not really working on my weak point, which is sprinting. I did manage to win one SportsBasement Prime by breakaway ;-)

Sprinting, sprinting, sprinting...man, I get winded just writing that. I'm really excited to continue attending Track Fights, every Weds from August 13-Oct 1, starting at 730pm(B group) and 830pm(A group). From doing Larry Nolan's sprint workout, on the old fremont course, I know training my sprint will improve it.

So unless you want me to be whooping your asses all 'cross season, you better come out to Track Fights. I've already got some monster fitness built from racing road and mountain all year and now I'm working on my achilles heel, sprinting! Here's the results, obviously I got some work to do!


The ugly lap card girl

Comments

Chico Cyclist said…
Too much fun!!!
~ lauren said…
are the lap card guys in speedos? that might entice more chicks to go.
Unknown said…
Hola!!

Nice mi amigo. Bery, bery nice.

Looks as if the Colorado mountain high hair has crept its way to your head!

~David

Popular Posts