ridin' to work is cool!

I've been digging the commute to work....it's about 2hrs and 45 minutes, 50 miles and pretty cool. I go through golden gate park while it's still dark. It's cool to see so many people out and running in the park even at that early hour.

I make my way over to the great highway and turn left. Roll that till I hit the sketchy Skyline junction...you have to cut across one lane of freeway traffic to get to skyline, then cut across two more to stay on skyline! As long as you take your time there is usually a break in the traffic.

Any who, here's an example of the spectacular morning views....


So a 3 hr ride or 50 miles isn't really a big deal on the weekend, but during the weekday it seems like a big deal. Not sure why really, maybe just because I'm expected in the office and I actually have to be productive the rest of the day. In any case, the other day I had the feeling that riding into work wasn't as epic as it used to seem. I guess that's a good thing?!

Comments

Jay Parkhill said…
I used to leave at 5:30AM to do that ride down to Menlo Park once a week or so.

Getting to the office and diving straight in to work usually left me feeling a little fried from about 10AM on, but in the best possible way.

And for the record:

*SF downtown > Peninsula office parks, but
*showers in the Peninsula office park bathrooms > SF office buildings by a long shot.
maleonardphi said…
It use to only take me 2 hours to get to woodside, whats taking you so long ;-) And what is your route, totally curious? Do you jump on the sawyer camp trail, or take 35 all the way to 280, and ride on 280 until the first exit?

Popular Posts