Aside from a very strict diet ....

of over eating and binge drinking I discovered XC and skate skiing. Holy Crap what a frick'n technical workout. Skate skiing is especially technique driven. A few times I cursed aloud and stomped on the ground in frustration at getting the V1 skating technique down. My inner quads, hip flexors, back and calves were crazy sore!

Given that skate skiing was such a workout I can't wait to incorporate it into my winter training regimine. Hopefully it will help me to come back bigger and stronger for next year cycling season!

Other news is that I got into the SSWC08 race! Woohoo! So I guess that means I have to fix the rear wheel on my SS. I was doing a nite ride a few months ago and a small fricken tree got wedged into my rear wheels. Fortunately for me my reflexes were quick enough to stop before I broke any spokes, but still the wheel wobbles back and forth enough not to be rideable. However! I'm also considering getting myself a 29er!
I've been debating it for a while now and think I may just pull the trigger in time for the SSWC festival.

Hope everybody had a good holiday!

Comments

maleonardphi said…
What the EFF! You got in, too? Dude, what is the deal with the SSWC08 registration??? I guess I was one of the ones who registered on time, but still too early.
Jay Parkhill said…
I have such a hard time keeping my HR down skate skiing that I usually flame out after about an hour. Fun though!

Popular Posts