Getting ready to rock the first Pilarcitos race....

I'm feeling refreshed from a 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean. Prior to leaving for the cruise I'd managed to lean down to 150lbs. My goal was not to gain back those 5lbs! Boy was it hard...who here has ever been on a cruise?

Food, food, and more food 24-7! No joke. Fortunately I'm a foodie snob, so while there was a lot of food is was only decent to good so I didn't overeat much. However, I am a lush and probably drank my daily calories between beer and tropical drinks while sunning by the pool.

We managed to hit the gym about 4 times...ok really probably like 3 times. However I did run for like 40 minutes, on the beach to boot, when we first got to florida. I figured what better time to start running than on the cruise. I think people got a kick out of watching me max out the incline on the treadmill and then proceed to sprint ;-) I figured my run-ups suck so I had to practice them some how! Did I mention how much I hate the stupid gym bikes? They actually had spin class bikes, but they wouldn't let us use them unless there was a class and there was only 3 stupid classes the whole trip...lame!

I managed to get in about 1.5 months of 10+ hour weeks in prior to the cruise, both long and short intensity rides. I was feeling a bit burned out by the end of this big jump in volume, but new the cruise was coming and that I wouldn't have the time(or desire) to really go to the gym everyday. So I really lived it up and now I feel mentally and physically recovered.

This week I'll return to the bike and a bit of running, maybe throw in a bit of mountain biking. Then saturday we embarch on the BORP 100 mile fundraiser. So we'll see how my first cx race of the season goes at the Pilarcitos season opener at Brisbane! Regardless of the expectations or results, I'm excited to kick off the season!

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice... I was wondering where you were....

You'll be nice and rested....

....not to mention having erased your thong undie tan line :)

See you on Sunday!

Popular Posts