Paso Robles - wine, ice and bikes!

Holy Cripes it was frick'n freezing in Paso Robles. Seriously, in all my 32 years here in CA i've never been that f'ing cold! The daytime temps were in the mid 30's and the nitetime times were in the mid-teens! That's why when we came outside there were frozen puddles! Then cause it was so cold during the day the icy patches in the shaded never thawed out. I've got some pictures that I'll upload later....I forgot my damn camera cable.

We did an awesome ride out the the coast! 46 West to Old Creek Rd all the way to H1. We hit Cayucas grabbed some espresso and a pastry and were back on merry way. The plan was to ride back up to the 46 East, but when we got there my legs felt pretty good so I decided to go with the orginal route while Meredith headed back to Paso via the 46East.The original route had us go north on H1 utill we hit Camria, right on Main street and then a right on Santa Rosa Creek rd. We'll the description of the brutually steep, bike humping climbs was enough to scare MO away as she trying to keep to her low HR training....me however, being a typicall guy, said I don't care how steep it is I'm going, as a matter of fact bring it on.

Well after I was out there for 45 minutes with no real sign of life, other than the cows of course, and no signs of the H46 I began to wonder if I went the right way. Oh yea and I hadn't really started climbing yet. So I started thinking, we'll either I missed a turn or all the climbing will be right at the end....yup, the second thing I said.

It all started as I came around a bend and I saw a couple steep hills, no problem, there was a plateau in between where I rested. Then I continued on and it's just kept climbing. I'm not good with grading roads, but there were some climbs that were pretty much steeper than anything I've ever been up....these roads were San Francisco, Taylor street, steep albiet not that long.

After all the climbing I felt quite accomplished and excited to begin the descent to H46. We'd agreed that she would leave a Gu wrapper and a little cairn to let me know if she'd already passed that intersection or not. Well, when I got there Meredith was just getting ready to take off so we were able to ride back to Paso together.

Good times. I'll post some pictures l8r 2 nite.

Thanks for the good times hotstuff!

Comments

Popular Posts