Niscene-Demo Group Winter Ride - Jan 8, 2006

Oh what fun it is to ride....for 7hrs and 16minutes to be exact. What an awesome frick'n turn out! Let's see, reprezent' the Velo Bellas - Meredith, Kathleen, Erin; TWW - Hillstrom, Leonard, Heim, Schlachter, Frankie, Rich Davis, Ken Jeffery, Nick R., Ginster, Chris and a few friends Patrick, Antonio and Rudy. 18 people, that's about the largest group I've ridden with in quite sometime. Probably since the infamous 8.5 hr Tahoe Epic, where we were also battling time to get back before the sun went down ;-) What is it about TWW and planning epic rides that take just way too long ;-) Any who, it's times like these that I remember why I love being part of the TWW\VB community! You all rock!

When Meredith first proposed the ride, she asked me how long I thought the ride would take? I said well, when I rode it over thanksgiving, I was in pretty good shape from racing 'cross and I was solo, so it took me just under 4hrs. Then I said, add about 1hr because it's at base pace and add another 1hr for re-groups, which would put us at 6hrs. Well, since we all know that MO's not the best at time management, the ride description turned into a 4+hr ride ;-) Awww MO, we all love you even if you can't make it to your C-otter start time ;-) Ouch!

I feel compelled to give MO a hard time because she never let Franck and I hear the end of it for the Tahoe Epic (8.5hrs instead of 5+hrs)and I think she hasn't forgiven Frank W. for the Downieville Hike-a-bike. Well, in MO's defense, at least we were ridin' not walking with our bikes for 7hrs ;-) Here's the ride details, 39miles, 5,530ft of climbing in 7:16:32 and the profile in all it's glory....

This reminds of the time I did a solo double loop at Niscene-Demo! Holy cripes, I actually hallucinated the 2nd time I climbed up out Sulfur springs. Just for fun, here's the ride profile from back in feb 2004....



Looking forward to the next epic already!

Comments

Anonymous said…
My Panocha hurts just reading this, and from the remembrance of the 8.5hr Tahoe jaunt...good for the soul. Have fun kids, I'll be drinking bloody marys passionatly somwehere.
Eduardeo SUR13

Popular Posts