Church of Bike...indeed

The first sign that 'cross season is upon us is the DFL race series. Yesterday was the 1st race of the season and boy did it hurt...but then again, that's why we all race 'cross right? I like to refer to cross as anaeorobic bliss, because the euphoria induced high from racing at your breaking limit for 45-60 minutes has a tendency to make all the mundane problems in your life melt away.
Any how, the race was fun as hell and my quads ached like mad after the race was over. There was something like 80 people racing yesterday. I heard somebody say that it was close to their all time record of like 100 racers or something like that . Keep in mind, the race begins with a mass start...talk about chaos. It took me almost a lap to weave my way thru the mob and get closer to the front of the pack. Surpisinlgy, my passing skills in the tight stuff were pretty darn good...borderline ballsy. My anaerobic training definitely needs some more training...intervals, intervals, intervals.
On another related topic, I am proud to announce that I will be racing with the Ritchey\Lapierre team for this year's 'cross season...wooohooo! I already knew a handful of the people on the team from racing cross with them last year. Actually, they were sortuv a surrogate team for me last year, since TWW doesn't have much of a presence on the cross scene. So, racing with them this year is just a natural fit.

DFL race - Hula girl...look closely, I'm not topless, I have a cute little coconut bra on. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts