The legs are feeling tired...but suprisngly good

So I showed up at the GGP cx ride last weds tired and feeling like I was going to be decimated by the fast guys. Instead, I was killing it. Go figure. The day that i'm under slept and fatigued from intervals the nite before, I'm on fire. I'm not sure I understand this phenomena. Any theories, explanations, hypothesis? I'm open to discuss? Please?

Anyhow, Funkster wasn't there, but Cameron, Nick , Cesar, David (Orange Jersey East bay velo guy - as ive been referring to him) and a few others who I don't really know. The point being is that I was chasing these guys all of last year and now I was keeping up with them, if not passing them.

The legs feel good, not sure why exactly. Been putting in a decent volume of riding. At least 10 hrs per week. A mix of riding, mountain, cross and road. Sometime I commute in and out of work(1hr each way). Sometimes it's a 1.5 - 2hr mountain ride, sometimes a 5hrs mountain ride. Then of course there's super intense cross practice for under an 1hr. I've also had some time to recover from the road season, which I feel I burned out in around April.

I think probably the most important thing I've done is back to back long rides. There just seems to be nothing like long rides to build fitness.



OK, OK i'm no artist or photoshop wiz either, that's supposed to represent legs on fire ;-)

Hopefully this fitness carries over to the Giro di SF this weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts