Spin, hip balance and mental trips

Huh....so I was out on a ride today. I've been tinkering with my road bike setup....you know, moving the saddle up and down, fore-aft, just trying to fit better. Well, today as I was returning from my ride I unclipped on the left side, I hardly ever unclip that way. Any how, when I had to clip back in I kinda fumbled and it really made me think about clipping in on the left side. With my attention focus on my left foot I realized that it made the rest of my body balance on the bike? I'm always having issues with feeling imbalanced on the bike, mostly because my right side is stronger which leads to muscular imbalances. However, today I realized that part of the imbalance is indeed mental. Huh? I'll have to practice this some more to see if it helps in the future.

Here's a few stories related to bike fit that I found interesting:

This one is about cleat positioning-
http://www2.trainingbible.com/joesblog/2007/01/cleat-position.html

From cycling news- bikle position and other interesting stuff
http://www.cyclingnews.com/fitness/?id=2006/letters11-22#2

Cycling news - pelvic asymmetry
http://www.cyclingnews.com/fitness/?id=2007/letters01-09#4



Enjoy geeking out!

Comments

xcslowpoke said…
"Don't think meat, just ride." Slightly altered from its original version in Bull Durham.

I'll eventially pay you for the shoes. I think, they have worked out great.

Dave
velopicante said…
it's all good D. I know where you live ;-) Your comment is funnier than you konw. I'm always reminding myself just to ride, but often times my mind just wanders to whether I'm being efficient on the bike or not.
maleonardphi said…
I hope you don't have these problems in the sack, all off balance, wondering if you're being efficient or not. I'm sure MO slaps you around and says "Just ride baby!"
MoJito said…
no, that's what he says to me!!

cutie, just give up engineering and become a trainer, once and for all.

Popular Posts