AHRENS FHT reborn

So I had Friday (14th) off work...kinda weird considering that "Good Friday" is a specifically Christian holiday, not that there's anything wrong with that...heh, heh, I actually grew up Catholic. That's right! I went to Cathlic school for 9 years and I was even an alterboy. In that light, I'm sure my deviant behavior all makes sense now ;-) But I digress....Christian, Jewish, Satanic, Buddhist, I'll take any excuse for a paid day off work!

Anywho...on said day off work, I went to work on the most important things in life....what's that you say, finding a new place to live or how about, I dunno maybe sorting threw 5-6 trash bags full of personal items that I haven't used for the last 10 months (which BTW means I don't really need them)...NOOOO, I had to get my single speed back up and running ;-)


After my mediocre performance at the C-Otter it was apparent that I needed to suffer quite a bit more on the few days that I actually ride on the dirt (damn it....I am becoming a roadie)! My SS project was to update my Ahrens hardtail with:
1) a spiffy new "Kick-ass-cog" from Endless Bikes Co!
2) a Soul Craft Convert chain tensioner (I ditched the old derailleur method of adding chain tension)
3) a FOX 125RLC...read, 5 inches of buttery travel

By 3pm, I was ready to rock the rebuilt SS! Woohooo. My housemate and I hit up Lake Chabot for a killer ride. A bit sloggy in spots, but pretty frick'n good considering how much rain we've had. God damn! I forgot how killer this bike handles. I can't wait for the weather to drie up so I can hit up Demo on this baby!

Comments

Popular Posts